Port terminal located about 11 miles from magdalena river mouth. Number of piers: this pier has about 1,058 meters long, where it can be accomodate between 6-7 vessels, depending on their loa.
Max loa: this restriction has not been determined but it has been docked vessels with loa upto 216 meters long. All depends on draft restriction. Max beam: this restriction has not been determined and it depends on draft restriction. Max draft: this restriction is the same as the river mouth and navigational channel. Normal working hours: 24 hours shinc.
Replenishment of bunkers are usually carried out with trucks or barges, while the fresh water is supplied through pipe connections at the berth. Also note, there are two shore cranes lieebher lhm-1300 with a max. Capacity 104 tons. Each, which can be used for loading/discharging heavy cargoes, containers, loose cargo and bulk cargoes, as well. The port has a grab for bulk cargoes with a capacity at about 22 tons and a hooper with a capacity at about 30 tons.
Fyg, this terminal has as a total 6 shore scales installed in different places for allowing the fast cargo dispatching. There is a project to install three additional scales. On the other hand, there are six warehouses arranged for handling bulk cargoes with a capacity between 4,000 mt and 7,000 mt each.
Please note, there exists a liquid bulk terminal inside the port premises managed by the public port administration and mssrs. Granelca “Graneles del caribe “, with the following particulars:
- Draft restriction: the same as the river mouth and navigational channel.
- Quantity store tanks: 3 with a capacity of 750 m3 each.
- Operational pier: it is the pier # 6 of the public port, where comes in a mobile pipeline from the store tanks with a lenght of about 150 mtrs.
- Hose connections: 1 x 6″/8″.
- Discharge rate: about 200 mt per hour agw/wp.
- Normal working hours: 24 hrs shinc.