- Local Time Zone: GMT minus 5 Hours.
- Berthing night and day, weather permitting, in open waters.
- Prior arrival 72, 48, 24 and 12 hours ETA notices required.
- Port Authorities and Agent board vessel prior approaching maneuver.
- LAT 11° 9′ 48″ N, LONG 74° 15′ 30″ W.
- Pilot assistance: Pilotage is compulsory for all mooring and unmooring operations except for anchorage.
- Vessels are not allowed to enter the restricted area shown on B.A. Chart No 1277 without a pilot on board.
- Pilot Position: LAT 11° 14′ N; LONG 74° 14′ W. Pilots board usually starboard side and remain on board throughout the entire cargo operation.
- LAT 11° 9′ 48″ N, LONG 74° 17′ 15″ W.
- One tug (Ocean Supply Vessel) with enough power to maneuver large vessels are used.
- The tug is required for pushing the ship’s bow to position at the SPM Buoy, and then is made fast through a center fairlead (aft), using the ship’s line (150m Length) where it remains throughout the loading operation.